Notary service is available at the library.
Call (631) 727-3228 ext. 301 for the current notary hours.
- All documents must be completely filled out and unsigned with no missing pages or blanks (please put N/A for anything not applicable). Notaries are not authorized to assist with the completion of legal documents or provide legal advice or counseling regarding documents.
- Do NOT sign in advance. Previously signed documents will not be notarized.
- All signers must have a current, government-issued photo ID card and be physically present. Photocopies, digital copies, and ID bracelets will not be accepted.
- If a document you need notarized requires witnesses, you must provide your own. All witnesses must have photo IDs and must be present at the time of signing.
- Per New York State law, all signers must be able to communicate directly with the notary without the use of a third party.
- New York State notaries are not authorized to certify copies of documents.
- We are unable to notarize I-9s, wills or codicils.